The challenge of building an app in a platform’s native programming language or a hybrid app – has advantages and disadvantages.
Native app means you’ll write the app in the native language/platform for the device; it’s an app developed exclusively for a specific mobile platform, leveraging all its capabilities- they can use the camera, the GPS, the accelerometer, the compass, the list of contacts, and so on.
Hybrid Mobile App Advantages:
- It decreases time to market.
- HTML5 developers are typically easier to find and less expensive than native developers.
- Code base is re-usable between mobile platforms.
- Overall lower budget costs.
Disadvantages of Hybrid App:
- Performance is not as good great as in case of native apps.
- Like native apps can’t take full advantage of all the device features though hybrid apps can take advantage of device capabilities like geolocation, accelerometer or the camera but not all.
Should You Choose Native Mobile Apps or Hybrid Apps?
The answer depends on what individual or business needs are. Assess the needs first and make the best choice for your situation.
Web Geometrics is a leading Mobile Application Development Company providing cost effective and innovative, Android Application Development and iPhone Application Development, solutions to all our clients across the globe.